Please read all of the expectations on this page AND fill out the Acknowledgement form by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
* Attend ALL Practices
* Attend MANDATORY final rehearsal
* Report to check-in table in hallway leading to the stage doors at : 1:00 pm (Part 1) 4:00 pm (Part 2)
* Report in full dress including hair, jewelry and makeup.
* Stay with Group mom/ volunteer until after finale (NO EARLY PICKUPS) Students will receive trophies and a group photo will be taken for the news paper.
* Eat /Drink snacks in designated area backstage (FOOD/DRINK IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE AUDITORIUM)
* NO Running/Playing around backstage and NO loud conversations
* Meet with Abhinaya Teacher week of April 19 - 25th
* Ensure child attends practices AND MANDATORY final rehearsal
Ensure that child is FULLY IN COSTUME (includes hair, jewelry, and makeup) PRIOR TO REPORTING TIME
* Will check-in my child at the Reporting time of 1:00 pm (Part 1) or 4:00 pm (Part 2) in the cafeteria PLEASE NOTE: Dancers who arrive late (after the program has begun) will miss their dance.
* Remain SEATED in the auditorium for the performance . (ABSOLUTELY NO BACKSTAGE ENTRY except for designated volunteers and ABSOLUTELY NO EARLY DEPARTURES)
* Ensure young siblings are NOT running around or eating/drinking in the auditorium. Please feed OUTSIDE the auditorium. (FOOD/DRINK OF ANY KIND IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE AUDITORIUM)
* Turn on Silence/Vibrate only/Do Not Disturb setting on all cell phones
* Will LEAVE THE AUDITORIUM TO CONDUCT ANY CONVERSATIONS. Please time your departure from the auditorium during the interlude between dances.
* Will be courteous to volunteers who are Abhinaya Parents, Alumni or Senior Students
* Will abide by the costume guidelines on the next page.
* Will pick up child after he/she has been dismissed from the stage AFTER group photo.
* Ensure your child is in FULL costume at reporting time including hair, makeup and jewelry
* All Pavada/langa/skirt costumes must be mid calf length. No ankle length costumes.
* Students must wear soft capris of mid calf length under skirts.
* No peeping undergarments or straps
* No alta or marker pen on hands. Only mehendi applied the previous night.
* No flowers on the braid
* All school costumes must be used carefully. DO NOT WASH THEM. Please return, NEATLY FOLDED IN THE SAME PROVIDED PLASTIC BAG to the teacher at the next dance class post performance. Please mark the bag with your child's name. IF COSTUME IS DAMANGED, PLEASE LET THE TEACHER KNOW.
IMPORTANT: PUBLICLY POSTING of PHOTOS/VIDEOS on social media/web albums or LIVE STREAMING of the performance WITHOUT written consent of each dancer's parent can be viewed as VIOLATION OF FEDERAL PRIVACY LAWS and may subject one to legal ramifications.
* Keep all web albums private.
* Take photos/videos from your seat - NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY
* NO tripods allowed in the aisles or in the space between stage and seats (Westchester Academy Fire Code Policy)
* Copy of recital video will be provided to every student (included in recital fee)
Please click HEREto fill out Acknowledgement form.